Friday, April 5, 2013

We had a baby girl, and she is 5 months old today!





I haven't documented this little ones life so far. I feel terribly guilty about it. Life is so different than it was when Ari first came. We have been busy playing, cuddling, laughing, and making flowers to sell!
Ila was born on November 5th, 2012. I started having contractions at 7:30am and woke everyone up to go to the hospital. Ari wasn't happy about the hustle and bustle, he told us to turn off the lights and go back to bed. The labor was fast and I was so grateful to get an epidural in time. Right after that it was time to push, that is when I realized I was going to be mother to another little person, and it was very emotional for me. The whole pregnancy I was wondering how I was going to bond with this baby, my feelings were so different than they were when I was pregnant with Ari. She came around 10:00am. The morning light let me see her so well when they lifted her up as she entered the world. My first thought was, "Wow, what a chubby newborn!" Second thought was "it is a girl, of course it is a girl" (the gender was a surprise). She weighed in at 8 lb 3oz, and 19 inches! They cleaned her up and brought her to me and we cuddled, she is such a joy.
We named her Ila Michelle, after two very special ladies that aren't with us anymore. Ila was my sweet grandma's name and Michelle is Mikey's sister's name, who is missed everyday.
It is too early to tell, but she might have brown eyes. She would be the first grand baby on my side to have them if that is the case. They are very dark and beautiful. She is growing well and rolling all over the place. We are all so in love with her!

No comments: